Your tax deductible donation directly supports the empowerment of a disadvantaged community in rural South-East Zimbabwe and helps to alleviate their extreme poverty. Knit for Life is endorsed as a tax deductible gift recipient.
Your generous donation will assist Knit for Life with the immediate purchase of the following:
$15, 000 will build our first knitting and training centre
- $10,175 will buy 1000 kilos of dyed cotton yarn from South Africa.
- $5087 will buy 500 kilos of dyed cotton yarn from South Africa.
- $15,000 will build our first knitting and training centre.
- $5000 will fund a bore hole to provide clean water for the community.
- $96 buys a bicycle for one knitter to cycle to the community centre in order to collect yarn, knit together with her team and return finished products.
Your donation allows for the continuation of Knit for Life to empower the 100 women knitters (and counting) who use their knitting skills to support their families in rural Zimbabwe.
With your support, Knit for Life will be able to train, empower and provide a sustainable income to an increasing number of women desperately in need.
TO VOLUNTEER your time, we would love to hear from you. If you are able to volunteer at our market stalls, assist in organising and running a fundraiser or with strategic planning on our board, please CONTACT US.
Many thanks again and with much gratitude,
The Knit for Life team.