Your tax deductible donation directly supports the empowerment of a disadvantaged community in rural South-East Zimbabwe and helps to alleviate their extreme poverty. Knit for Life is endorsed as a tax deductible gift recipient.
Your generous donation will assist Knit for Life with the immediate purchase of the following:
- $10,175 will buy 1000 kilos of dyed cotton yarn from South Africa.
- $1700 will transport yarn from South Africa to Chatsworth, Zimbabwe.
- $4000 will buy 100 mechanically cranked rechargeable solar lamps.
- $9300 will purchase a second vehicle for yarn distribution.
- $5000 will fund a bore hole to provide clean water for the community.
- $30,000 will build our first Knit For Life owned central knitting and training centre.
- $100 buys a bicycle for one knitter to cycle to a community centre to collect yarn, knit with her team and return completed orders.
With your support Knit for Life can train, empower and provide a sustainable income to an increasing number of women in need.
TO VOLUNTEER your time, we would love to hear from you. If you are able to volunteer at our market stalls, assist in organising and running a fundraiser or with strategic planning on our board, please CONTACT US.
With thanks and gratitude,
The Knit for Life team.